Split ends is the most common problem faced by each and every women. Women, irrespective to age having a long hair will mostly suffer with split ends and this will stop hair from growing faster. And this can happen not only at the ends of the hair but anywhere of your hair.
The main causes for split ends-
- Using Harsh chemical shampoos
- Exposing to sun light for a long period of time.
- Dry and brittle hair
- Hair straightening
- Irregular trimming of your hair
- Blowing dryers
- Coloring your hair
- Hair bleaching
- Excessive usage of hot curlers or hot combs.
- Environmental conditions like cool or heat.
- Over showering and showering with salt water or hard water.
- Using excessive sprays and dyes etc..
To get rid of split ends, natural hair care remedies are more popular and effective nowadays because they are cost effective and all the ingredients used are easily available in our kitchen.
Let’s check the 7 natural homemade remedies to get rid of split ends
Remedy 1 :
- Mustard oil -1 tsp
- Olive oil -1 tsp
- Castor oil -1 tsp
- Mix all the three given oils in a bowl, apply and massage gently for about 30 minutes working it in close to the split ends.
- A combination of these three oils works well for your hair.
- Dip a cotton towel in the warm water and cover your head with that towel, cool it down and remove it.
- Take your shower after an hour with your regular shampoo.
- Curd -1/2 cup
- Honey – 1 tsp
- Mix a half-cup curd with a spoon honey and stir it thoroughly.
- Apply this mixture to your scalp and hair close to the split ends.
- Leave it on for half an hour and shower with a mild shampoo.
- Ripe Papaya – 1
- Curd – 2 tsp
- Mash a cup of ripe papaya pieces and add 2 teaspoon’s of curd to it.
- Apply the mixture to the scalp and hair then cover your head with a plastic shower cap.
- Remove the shower cap after 30 minutes, shampoo well and rinse.
- Honey – 3 tsp
- Mix 3 teaspoons of honey with 6 cups of luke warm water, wash your hair finally with the water after shampooing and leave it.
- Eggs – 2
- Almond oil – 2 tsp
- Mix 2 teaspoons of almond oil with 2 egg whites and apply this mixture to your scalp and the hair concentrating on the ends.
- Leave on for 30 minutes, shampoo and rinse it off.
- Castor oil – 1 tsp
- Honey – 1 tsp
- Mix both the above ingredients and apply it to your split ends.
- Leave aside for 30 minutes and shower with a mild shampoo.
- Apply this mixture twice a week, this is a very efficient technique to control split ends.
- Egg – 1
- Almond oil – 1 tsp
- Honey – 1 tsp
- Mix one egg yolk with a spoon full of almond oil and honey.
- Apply it to your hair and the ends, leave on for 30 minutes.
- Try this once in a week and soon you will see wonderful results
Also follow these simple Tips:
- Wear a hat and protect your hair from sun while going outside.
- Use mild shampoos having natural ingredients and avoid harsh chemical shampoos which make your hair dry.
- Stop using hair dryers on your hair. Using hair dryers will cause damage to your hair.
- Do not rub your hair harshly with a towel. Squeeze the water gently from your hair with a towel and let it dry naturally.
- Try to eat protein rich food and drink lots of water for healthy hair.
- Try to avoid putting shampoo on the ends of the hair.
- Do not shower your hair with too hot or cold water and it is always better to shower with luke warm water.
- Do not comb or brush your hair when it is wet.
- Trim your hair for every 6 to 8 months to stop split ends.