Diabetes can cause due to lack of adequate insulin production to manage the glucose levels in your blood. Insulin is nothing but a hormone that is made by beta cells in the pancreas. Insulin acts as a key to open your cells throughout the body to absorb and use glucose for energy purpose. If the body fails to produce enough insulin effectively, then glucose starts building up in the blood instead of being absorbed by the body cells and the body starts starving of energy.
Common causes of Diabetes:
- Heredity or family background
- Physical inactivity
- Life style
- Lack of adequate insulin production
- Chemical toxins
- Certain conditions like removing pancreas r damaged pancreas
- Due to some medications
- Environmental factors like food (eating too much or not having enough food), viruses etc.
Top Warning Signs and Symptoms of Diabetes:
- Frequent urination (Polyuria)
- Feeling more thirsty and having a dry mouth (Polydipsia)
- Becoming more hungry (Polyphagia)
- Fatigue (i.e.) feeling more tired and restless
- Taking a long time to heal cuts and wounds properly also a sign of diabetes.
- Vision problem or blurred vision.
- Sudden weight loss or gaining weight
- Tender and swollen gums could be a sign of diabetes
- Feeling numbness and tingling in your hands, legs, and feet
- Irritation, dryness and itching on your skin may be some times a symptom of diabetes
- Frequent vaginal and bladder infections in women are sometimes a symptom of diabetes…
If you have any doubt of having some of the above symptoms, you are recommended to consult a qualified doctor immediately.
Most common Complications with Diabetes:
If diabetes left untreated can increases your risk for many serious health complications like-
- Heart strokes and attacks
- High blood pressure
- Gum diseases
- Higher risk of Hearing problems
- Mental disorders like anxiety and depression
- Foot complications
- Skin infections and disorders
- Kidney failures (Diabetic Nephropathy)
- Vision or eye problems like cataracts, glaucoma ( Diabetic Retinopathy )
- Nerve damages which is called as Diabetic Neuropathy
Natural Remedies for Diabetes:
Here are some home remedies that help to reduce the sugar levels-
- Have a spoon full of basil leaves juice or chew 4-5 basil leaves daily in the morning on an empty stomach to lower the glucose levels in the blood.
- Have a glass of bitter guard juice twice in a week on an empty stomach in the morning for better results.
- Try to have a small cup of tender neem leaves juice twice or thrice in a week on an empty stomach for better and faster results.
- Chew a piece of cinnamon or take half a spoon of cinnamon powder daily and see the results.
- Chew some pieces of raw garlic every day for desired results.
- Daily chew some fig leaves as the first thing in the morning which is a common treatment for diabetes. Fig leaves have an anti-diabetic property that helps to reduce blood sugar levels.
- Try to have 1-2 gooseberries daily, this helps to reduce glucose levels by stimulating the production of insulin.
- Including green tea is helpful in reducing sugar levels in the body.
- Soak a spoon full of fenugreek seeds (methi) in the water overnight and have that water along with methi seeds daily after brush as a first thing in the morning.
- Make a powder with jamun seeds (Indian black berry or Black plum) and have a spoon of powder mixed with water twice a day or include jamuns in your diet whenever available in the market as it is a seasonal fruit.
- Eat half a spoon of dried mango leaves powder twice a day.
- Try to chew 10-15 fresh and tender curry leaves daily in the morning for 3-4 months and see the results.
- Include items prepared with Drumstick leaves at least once in a week or if possible try to have a glass of drumstick leaves juice once in a week.
- Researchers found that daily intake of vitamin C rich food can normalize your blood sugar levels. So, include Vitamin C rich fruits like oranges, gooseberries, papaya etc..
- Make a fine powder with equal proportions of dried curry leaves and basil leaves and store it in a air tight container. Boil a glass of water by adding a spoon full of prepared powder for 5 minutes. Cool it down and have it before 30 minutes to dinner.
Also follow the below steps-
- Do physical exercises regularly.
- Take diet with low fat because fat can be helpful or harmful in your diet. Sometimes the diabetic people are at higher risk of heart diseases, so choose fat wisely.
- Don’t skip breakfast because it will help you to get energy as well as steady blood sugar levels.
- Better to have regular small meals up to 6 times per day and try to avoid eating larger portions when you are over hunger.
- Always eat on time to regulate blood sugar levels and proper weight.
- Try to eat the same amount of calories daily, rather than eating more one day or only one meal other day.
- Maintain healthy eating plan that is low in fat, high in nutrients and moderate in calories.